It took a while to get into it, but once I did, I found a few gems.
Getting into the Case
There was a screw on top near the back/right (photo #5) that helped the scanner bed come free. The scanner ribbon cable just pulled out with a bit of force, which allowed the scanner to come free. Another screw near the nearly white spring assembly (covered - can't see the spring - photo 7) which allows the top-rear portion of the printer to come off (a little prying and sideways force away from the latches on the left side).
Now there should be a few more screws appearing that can be removed. The left and right side panels come off with some force and by releasing the plastic snap latches on the very bottom of the machine (photo 1 shows me pointing at one). There is one screw on the side by the USB terminal.
If you've made it this far, I'll assume that you can figure out the rest - remove as many screws as you have access to, and keep going deeper.
There are three motors in this unit. Two for the printer, one for the scanner. I admit I was disappointed that the two identical printer motors (EM-529) are DC motors, not steppers. The scanner motor was in fact a small stepper motor (EM-600).
I found these specs for the EM-529 - I don't know how accurate they are, as they are from an eBay listing:
Inside this budget all-in-one printer, I was able to salvage a few pieces of white felt. The printer was mostly new (water damage and no ink, so it was given away).
Things I wanted but were not there: